Ice Maker/Rink Attendant Needed
Belvedere is hiring an ice maker/rink attendant for our upcoming winter season.
(End Oct/23 to Mid Mar/24)
Responsibilities of this position will include but are not limited to the following:
- Flooding and maintaining two outside ice surfaces
- Snow removal on both rinks and walkways as required
- Open, monitor and close outdoor rinks.
- Perform cleanup for rink areas and janitorial for rink shack area
- Minor preventative maintenance on snow equipment
- Ensure all rules and regulations pertaining to the facilities are adhered to by those in attendance.
- Maintain positive public relations, assistance and information services to user groups and the public.
- Verification of membership / collection of skater fees
- Selling of Community League memberships
This is a physically demanding position; incumbents will be required to work indoors and outdoors in a variety of adverse weather conditions. The number of hours of work per week may vary based on operational needs and/or weather conditions.
- Experience operating equipment such as snow blowers, sweepers or other snow related equipment of similar size and complexity. An equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered
- Ice flooding and resurfacing a definite asset but if candidate does not have and is otherwise suitable, training will be provided
- Ability to perform manual labour for extended periods of time under all winter weather conditions.
- Ability to work independently
- Current valid Standard First Aid certification
Successful candidate will be paid a monthly wage.
Rink preparation needs to begin by the end of the month of October. If you are interested, please send resume or information email to: firstname.lastname@example.org