Responsibilities for All Directors
A director is expected to be fully informed on community league matters and participate in discussions and decisions in matters of policy, finance, programs, personnel, and advocacy.
All volunteers for board member positions must be members in good standing for at least 90 days prior to taking the position.
- Commit to the work of the organization.
- Speak positively of the league and assist in developing and maintaining positive relations among the board, committees, and communities to enhance the league’s mission.
- Assist in the orientation of new board members.
- Develop, monitor, and review all policies and other recommendations received from the board.
- Review the bylaws and recommend changes to the board.
- Participate in the development of the league’s organizational plan, annual review, and budget.
- Approve the budget and other financial matters.
- Prepare for and arrive on time for all required meetings
- Prepare and present required reports at board meetings.
- Prepare an annual report for the annual general meeting.
The term of office for all positions on Belvedere CL Board is one year.