Responsibilities for All Directors
A director is expected to be fully informed on community league matters and participate in discussions and decisions in matters of policy, finance, programs, personnel, and advocacy.
- Commit to the work of the organization.
- Speak positively of the league and assist in developing and maintaining positive relations among the board, committees, and communities to enhance the league’s mission.
- Assist in the orientation of new board members.
- Develop, monitor, and review all policies and other recommendations received from the board.
- Review the bylaws and recommend changes to the board.
- Participate in the development of the league’s organizational plan, annual review, and budget.
- Approve the budget and other financial matters.
- Prepare for and arrive on time for all required meetings
- Prepare and present required reports at board meetings.
- Prepare an annual report for the annual general meeting.
The term of office for all positions on Belvedere CL Board is one year.