Balwin City Cycling Strategies Clinic
12904 74 Street NW
BRINGING CITY CYCLING STRATEGIES TO LIFE FOR EDMONTON YOUTH
To support active transportation, acknowledge Edmonton’s emerging cycling infrastructure, and provide inclusive, accessible opportunities to increase physical activity for Edmonton youth, Ever Active Schools is hosting a one-day City Cycling Strategies Clinic in the Balwin Community. This initiative aims to make cycling fun and an effective, safe transportation option for youth.
Free One Day Cycling Clinic
Postponed to: Saturday, October 1, 10am – 4pm
Balwin Community League Hall
12904 74 Street NW, Edmonton
What Participants can expect:
- helmet and bike knowledge
- bicycle handling, signalling, and learning safe, secure locking methods
- navigating intersections, signage, and routes
- cycling etiquette
- basic bicycle maintenance
- on-road guided riding
- bicycle checks by certified bicycle mechanics
- team building activities
- small session sizes, with a lead and a sweep
- 2.5 hour guided on-road riding to practice skills
- visits to interesting and informative bike stops
- certificate of course completion
- free snacks and lunch!
PLEASE NOTE: This is not a learn to bike program. This program is intended to hone existing cycling skills and increase knowledge of Edmonton’s cycling infrastructurethrough a 10km on-road guided ride.
This Everybody Plays initiative is funded through: