Volunteer Opportunity Helping Our Kids
Start2Finish’s mission is to break the cycle of child poverty by providing ongoing educational support to Canada’s at risk children throughout their school years, nurturing mind, body, and social health so they are empowered to succeed and become role models for change.
Start2finish provides after-school fitness & literacy programming for children in low-income communities, called Running & Reading Clubs. These clubs address the need for enhanced educational and social-emotional support in marginalized communities. We have been running our in-person ‘Running & Reading Clubs’ in 50 communities across Canada for 20 years. This year, with Covid-19 restrictions and safety measures, we have taken programming online!
We currently have 3 volunteer opportunities available:
1. Team Lead
2. Club Director
3. Parent Liaison
- Lead a team of 8-10 children (with 1-3 other coaches)
- Using google classroom, facilitate programming provided by S2F using pre-recorded videos for: story time, ‘Daily 20’ exercise videos, etc.
- Facilitate group discussion and social-emotional learning
- Build meaningful relationships and become role models for success
- Twice a week, after-school, for 30 minutes each session (sometime between 3:30-5:30), on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and/or Thursdays – we do not operate clubs on Monday’s & Friday’s
- Term 1: Mid-October to Mid-December, Term 2: Mid-January to Mid-May
Interested in getting involved? Please apply to our volunteer portal > https://timecounts.org/start2finish
Email any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org